Saturday, August 29, 2009

Far North - Far too good!

What defines civilization? What separates humanity from the animal that he truly is underneath? Is Man truly not an Island?

Well... if you're wondering why I spew forth such philosophical warbling, I'll have you know that you'll be thinking along the same lines had you seen "Far North" by Asif Kapadia.

With a heavy-weight character cast that include Michelle Yeoh, Sean Bean, Michelle Kruseic, this is one movie which will have you thinking about (and shuddering in a shocked but impressed way) for days!

A movie based on the book "True North" by Sara Maitland, the movie explores the human mind in its most basic and unadorned form. And the end will have the most confident critic shell shocked for sure!

And I'm aware some people think the ending is a little implausible. But, for the character in the story and the kind of events that she's been through, I'm sure it all makes sense.... and further more, had it been any different, it wouldn't be so beautiful!

And the cinematography and Music are aspects that just add to the beauty of the movie! All in all, I'll ask everyone not to miss this one!

1 comment :

  1. Agree with your review. I liked the movie also and thought the ending, though difficult, is not inconsistent with the characters in the film. I was also familiar with the story before I saw the movie, so maybe that makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete