Monday, December 27, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Just this morning, being extremely bored and tired of ramming in metallurgy into my skull, I decided I'd just randomly surf the net. And so, for some unfathomable reason, I had Poonthaanam's Njanappana stuck to my head and one particular verse kept repeating itself -
|The evolution of the alphabet 'NA' through the ages (click for a detailed view)|
Monday, December 20, 2010
They always say that Man is a social island and that no man is an island. If I could find the person who first decided to quote this, I swear I’ll kill him slowly!
Today, even though we have a huge crowd around us all the time, deep down inside, each person is as isolated as one can get. And this sense of loneliness is worse than truly being alone.
Everybody needs to get ahead of everybody else. There’s no place for the strong and for those who feel. To actually act human is a sin in today’s world. If you were to smile, it must be for obtaining something. If you were to hug someone, it’s most probably because you want something from them. It could be as materialistic as their money or as subtle as their presence… We have ceased to love just because we do.
And now, as I sit and wonder, I begin to realize that I am being left behind. I found it absurd that one should smile at someone for whom only the deepest hatred stems from our heart… all because we need that person for something or the other. Or that we can throw away someone we cared for just because they no longer are of any use to us. But now, I realize that I am some of the very few who actually feel that way. And today, there aren’t many who truly need me and so, they seem to want nothing to do with me. But to be brutally honest, everybody acting this way hurt someone or the other. Somehow we run from those who chase us and chase those who run from us.
Strange… and yet so beautifully saddening.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
And yet, our lives continue on as ever with hope as the driving force. And I am no different. Having a name which alludes to the same bane hasn't helped my cause at all. On the contrary, it has only driven me into an abyss of despair with a will-o-wisp dancing away in the distance... sometimes drawing me towards light and an answer but mostly only to entrap me in a mire far too deep to extricate myself from.
The past five years have been some of the darkest of my life... the time when I was exposed to the world outside without the helping hand or the embrace of my closest family - being at that point of my life when bringing every single problem to my parents is considered a thing so irate.
I have had trust broken and my heart with it more than once. And yet, I seem not to learn from the mistakes I've made. Twice have I ventured out and had my nose rubbed in... Twice have my well meant intentions been spurned in scorn. And now.... again.... I set forth, I'm sure I shall be meeting the same fate as before... and for some reason, though I get the message loud and clear, I play deaf.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
Friday, September 3, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
And it set me thinking. Why did I collect all those junk that I actually didn't need or finished using? Hmmmm... the reason might sound utterly ridiculous and I'm not sure how many people are going to kill me or laugh till they die once they know it! But what the heck! The reason was because I felt sorry for those things. Yes! I actually thought I was hurting the feelings of the used pen by throwing it away... I felt it would be thinking (yes... 'it' would be thinking... apparently some might feel I wasn't! :P) that I'd dumped it once my use for it was over... and so, every stub of used pencil, unusable erasers, torn notebooks, and every other sort of junk found its way into my room and stayed there! Well... being an only child, I didn't have too much company around... Even friends were few and far in between. Maybe that was why I grew up considering the feelings of all objects around me... living and non-living... because those things kept me company when I was alone. This sounds depressing ne? Ah well! :D at least nobody can call me cruel! So there!
And this sets me thinking again... I've seen more than my share of people move away... grow away from me. If people could lose interest and outgrow my friendship and acquaintance, how different am I from the so called 'junk' that I threw out today? People who'd spoken so happily to me don't even seem to recognize me these days... or maybe they choose not to. Maybe I'm just a part of a past that they have no need for. Ah well... here's wishing all of them the very best for their future and I pray they never get this sort of treatment... it hurts! :/
Sunday, July 18, 2010
So, the next time my mother gives me chores and I find myself aching all over, I'll say, "Mummy.... my டப்பா டான்ஸ் ஆடிடுச்சு!" Or.... if some random person was to irritate me, "Oy! Don't you dare tread on my nerves, buster! இல்லைனா உன்னோட டப்பா டான்ஸ் ஆடிடும்!" LOL.... You'll never hear these wonderful awesome epic phrases anywhere else but in நம்ம சென்னை!
Super! Ne? ;)
Pssssst: For the first time (that I can remember), I'm actually typing rather than the usual Ctrl+X - Ctrl+V in Tamil for a Blog! Awesome! :D And how's the jackie pic? That's what you get when you have too much time in your hands and Photoshop CS3! ROFL
Friday, July 9, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
And I sure home I get at least a single ray of hope before I've hit rock bottom! Hmmmm.... Hope.... it's a good thing.... the best of things, even!
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
- Going on an expedition of some sorts.... you know... not quite the Indiana Jones types. But still, be a part of an Archeological expedition? Dig into the past? Find pieces of Time still stuck on stone walls and arcane coins? That type of thing.
- Makeup shopping. Yep. You heard it right! I know I don't tend to go overboard as far as face paint is concerned! Heck... I'm probably dumb as a door knob as far as making-up of the face goes.... Making up facts and scaring the heebidibajeebies of people? Yep... I'm an expert! I guess I've finally realized I'm a *cue gasp and dramatic silence* girl! And I tend to harbor silly girly dreams within myself. About time I indulged myself, ne?
- Write like there's no tomorrow. And this involves all sorts of literary shazaam! Prose, Poetry, random warbling... everything. I wish I could express all those things I see and feel around me into beautiful and eternal words that will move people for ages to come! Alright.... that's a little too far-fetched. But at least be able to show the kids in my street, when I'm an octogenarian, with one foot in my grave, my works.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Saturday, May 1, 2010
"Some people are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
If you do good, people may accuse you of selfish motives. Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you may win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
People who really want help may attack you if you help them. Help them anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway."
- Dad and I have decided to let the homeless dog who seems to have taken a liking to our place stay! Henceforth, she shall be known as Tsume(爪). And from what we've observed, she's been vaccinated and neutered, thanks to the ABC program that my Corporation people follow for stray and feral dogs! Let's hear it for the newest member of the family folk! :D
- Some of my closest friends are finally getting the happiness they deserve! Power to you, friends!
- I've finally managed to get rid of a lot of personal demons from my mind! I feel so much lighter and better now!
- I'm getting to the end of my college days.... I feel so bittersweet!
- I have this strange sensation that a few of my loved ones and friends are slowly drifting apart and nothing I do can stop the change. It's silly of me to even try stopping the ones who want to leave... they have better things to do than to stick around. Ah well... I love you all and remember that I'm always a shoulder you can lean on... if you even come back that is!
- My exams are approaching ever so slowly and steadily... Yikes! I need to buck up!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
- My Project guide has managed to confuse my already muddled up brain by alternating between two different calculation techniques and he can't seem to decide if he wants to give me the Hydrogen Molecule scenario or the Hydrogen Bonding one! And as a result, my project needs to be started from scratch.... again!
- Some people are really REALLY starting to bug me with their annoying third grade antics and for once, I wish I could just slap them and tell them to get a life.
- My doctor seems to think I might either have a very low Blood Pressure or very low sugar count or... god help us, BOTH!
- Though I hate saying this, the Chennai heat is finally getting to me!
- My PhD entrance results all seem like my current social status - DOA.
- My cat hates me!
- Parents are seriously considering marrying me off to some random Nair boy. And if I hear anyone cheering for this, I swear I shall plunge the Narsil up your booty!
- I slowly seem to be losing what little hold I have over the good things in life!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
And so, I was wondering how nice it would be to listen to that ending theme. You will not believe it, the very next song in my iPod happens to be "Mr.Raindrop" by Amplified! And that's exactly the song that was featured in that particular ending! And is so addictive! Now, I can't get that song off my head!! =3
Thursday, April 22, 2010
And they beat the Deccan Chargers! A team to whom they'd lost in both encounters in the league matches!And so, Chennai beats Hyderabad.... I'm sure I have nothing against the folks from Hyderabad. But, this felt good! So good! Oh yesh, precioussssss! Chennai beat Hyderabad! All the folks who kept bragging about how Hyderabad was better than Chennai can suck on this! >=)
And so, like it has been fated to happen, Chennai and Hyderabad fight it out. (it holds so much meaning to me... personally! yep... I'm one crazy chicka! :P) And Chennai wins! Yes! Yes!!! Yes!!!!!
P.S. I'd prayed that I'd get my friend to do a tonsure if CSK wins... BWAHAHAHA!!! Thanga, my boy.... get those follicles ready! >=D