Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thoughts in the rain

The rains are all around me now... slowly drenching rick, cot and tree... and all I want to do is lose myself in its steady rhythm... in those myriad shows of ripples as the water drops down from heaven above... like a million celestial maidens drifting down to the mundane dimension...

And suddenly I ask myself.... What the heck am I doing?! And from deep down inside, I get the answer... from a voice that sounds as though it is submerged in the very waters that I now behold outside - I am idle.

There are sayings in every culture of the world that idleness is akin to evil. But I daresay I agree not! Right now, as I am idle, I find that I am in peace! And to ruin this state of such delicate balance with pretentious shows of work would be such great folly!

The cold is slowly seeping into my skin... a refreshing feeling... like tiny bursts of life suddenly awakening all over me. And the sights around me show such beauty that had been asleep in the heat of the blazing sun...

A shade of green hither before unseen! A scent hither before unsmelt... and sounds as ancient as the world around me.

I am gazing at a ritual that has been happening even before the first human took his pioneering steps... even before the first predator stalked his world-ignorant prey... even before the first tree opened her leaves to the would outside...

And as I stand there, the cold spray of moisture dampening my outstretched arms, I realize... I am one with the rain... and I am in peace.

No comments :

Post a Comment