Thursday, February 12, 2009

Amused.... very amused...

There were times in one's school days when one would hear about classroom fights and cold wars where gangs would form around the two battling warriors and slowly the whole classroom would end up taking one side or the other. And well... being ever the aloof observer (read daydreamer of the first degree), I have managed to avoid being a part of such groups since my school days. And now that I am in Post Grad, I think I can be forgiven for thinking that such kind of immature fighting would not happen between adults who are all mostly above twenty!

And boy, was I wrong! I recently understood that many of my classmates have been checking my Library account without my knowledge and that they are gauging my preparation for the exams based on this data. Well... Since I hardly visit the computer cabins of the library, I didn't even know I had an account until one well meaning classmate informed me as to how most of the girls and some boys indulge in what can only be termed 'hacking' in order to obtain the information they want!

And then there is this habit of moving books from their shelves to other places that only the person who moved it would know! I mean come on! What would a book on Quantum Field Theory be doing in the middle of Wren and Martin grammar workbooks?! It's downright silly, peeps! And then there is this fake modesty of proclaiming ignorance even when knows everything!
I even know of a girl who hid her library books in her bag so that her friends (I wasn't with them at the time) wouldn't know what books they were! And I wonder... here I am, an adult in almost every sense, having a strong hold of sensibility in my top floor and a pinch of decency in my genetic makeup! Why can't they be like that?

Now now... before someone jumps the gun saying I'm ranting again in personal anguish, let me make something very VERY clear. Just because someone else knows my resources I am not going to score less than what I am worth. It's just that, that person will have a chance of scoring high as well... And since we follow the grade system, there isn't that fight over one mark and half a mark! Why don't people understand this basic fact? When I see the way some people in my class behave, I can only feel very amused!

Ah well... whatever! I am just as I've always been and that's what matters the most, right? ;D

Oh... And I delivered a seminar on QCD! My classmates really liked it and they also loved the backgrounds I'd designed for the slideshow! Now I get to design it for everybody, if I have the time. :) And there's nothing more enjoyable than getting to play around in Photoshop CS3 with so many brushes about! Yay for me!

No comments :

Post a Comment