Wednesday, May 6, 2009

For the sake of Humanity, STOP IT!

A sombre hello to everyone out there. I know it's been way too long since I've updated. Well... I was a little tied down with University and my semester exams. And they're over now. Now, one might ask. If exams are over, people tend to shout their guts out in joy and run around in circles screaming! Well... I was doing all of that... until... I came across this website:

Animal Saviors

What I found in this website was more than enough to sap my joy and happiness away!

Cats and Dog being skinned alive... just so the fur would come out more easily and cheaper! Makes me wonder.... are they humans? Do they have something that even closely resembles a heart? Before any smartass can make any comment that they're just animals or that just knowing it hardly changes matters, I'd like to say that I have been against animal products since I was ten and still am. And that I know that I can't herald a revolution all by myself. But I am doing all that I can and will continue to do so! It is much better than to sit, in a closed room shrugging off saying you can't do anything about it!

I can't believe what I see and read there. But I have crosschecked and this vile and cruel practice has been happening for quite some time now!

One would think that in the tens of thousands of years that we spent 'evolving', we would've developed a deeper understanding about life and how valuable it is; how we are not the only inhabitants of this planet and that pain is something any creature can feel. But I guess all we're going to be bothered is how good we look when we drape that fur coat around us... Let me tell you... when you know that some creature's been tortured to death so that you can look good, it makes that fur coat look like something that's disgusting; doesn't it? And if it doesn't, please by all means stay in your little bubble. But tomorrow, I am sure such people who don't care will have their children (or the younger generation, for those who'll counter saying they won't have kids - don't expect to live in outerspace now do ya, smartass?!) look at them with such disgust and disappointment.

Shouldn't leaving a better tomorrow be one of our most important duties? Shouldn't the future generation understand love and compassion? And where will they learn it from if not from us? And how can we tell them to love unconditionally when we commit such heinous acts of callousness?

It's about we do something... for the millions of lives we lose to this practice and for Humanity that dies a little everytime this happens.

No comments :

Post a Comment