Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rants from a twenty-something!

It really irks to be an adult at times! It hasn't taken much time for my parents to be convinced that I am indeed ready for marriage and have even started hinting on applying for those 'grooms wanted' section in the Classifieds. And No, I am not amused!

First, just because I'm in my early twenties doesn't make it mandatory that I tie the knot as soon as possible! People! Marriage is such a big step! And right now, I don't even want to think about having to spend the rest of my life with anyone!

Secondly, just because I say no to the person you bring, dear parents of mine, doesn't mean I'm going to run away with my boyfriend. And just because I have a boyfriend doesn't mean I want to marry him as soon as possible! Sure, I might (stress on the 'might' part) want to settle down some day, I'll choose when!

And third, stop acting all liberal when you're not! You people are messing up my life as well! I feel cloistered and out of breath when I see that you want to push me off as soon as possible just because that is what the people around you want you to do! I mean come on! I have a life of my own and I don't care what everybody else thinks, I will choose who I spend the rest of my life with. And if I choose nobody, it just means that I find none of them worthy enough. As simple as that.

Why does everybody think anybody will be comfortable with sharing a bed with some random stranger! And the 'get-to-know-each-other' period in between the engagement and the wedding is hardly enough time to know the other person! I sometimes wish parents who are so intelligent and smart in all things under the sun, would grow a brain in this matter! After the wedding, all relations vanish politely leaving the newly-weds alone and believe me, I might just hack the poor bloke to pieces with my stress levels alone!

I am not meant to share my life with a guy.... yet. And moreover, there are so many things I want to do. My parents have controlled my social life for so long and they've hardly understood me in the process. I wonder if their selection would be any different? I don't want to leave the firm clasp my parents have over me just to be in the even tighter hold of a husband.

Sometimes, I wish I could just run away from it all... just fly away to some distant land all alone and never return! What is so wrong with wanting to be by myself?

P.S. I think I just broke my toe. JUST FRIGGIN' AWESOME >-<;;
(This post was supposed to make no sense whatsoever! And if it did, don't shoot the blogger! =P)

No comments :

Post a Comment