Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Little things that matter.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Mary Angelou
Today, I realized the truth behind the quote above! My family has always seemed more conservative than we're actually... sure, I don't go to parties every weekend! Heck... I don't leave home much. But that's not because I'm not allowed... merely because I don't prefer to. I've had a few friends who still think I'm being held "hostage" by my parents most of the time. LOL... But I wouldn't change a thing about my parents... My mother is probably the best friend I've always wanted. And the way my parents and I talk, it's more like being in the midst of friends than in front of parents! And I cannot thank God enough for such a wonderful family I'm blessed with! =D

And so, today, as I was browsing the net just like that, I stumbled upon some song from the eighties titled 'Cars'. This was when I remembered something my mom had told me ages ago... some eight to nine years ago. She had said how she really loved a particular song "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman. I guess I wanted to bring a smile onto her face and so, I decided to hunt the song down for her. A few frantic clicks later, I managed to find the video on YouTube.

You should've seen the look on her face when she saw the video... It was something small.. heck! It was nothing compared to what people gift their mothers! But somehow, I knew she would love it... It would take her down memory lanes... back when she was young... back when she didn't have to worry about a family... back when she was a bit free! And when she told Dad on how I'd searched for a song for her and having remembered it even after all these years, I couldn't miss a hint of pride in her voice... And that, my dear friends... that was more than what I need to keep me going. God, I love them! =D

And here's the video from YouTube...

2 comments :