Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dirge for ragged bonds

The days after my surgery... I've found that there were many changes in the world around me. I could see more clearly... I didn't need those heavy glasses. But what I didn't expect to see were the true colours of some of them who claimed to be good friends.

Not one call from those who I thought would call me when they'll come to know. But there were a few calls from people that I thought wouldn't. They were relatively newer acquaintances.

I don't say I hardly expected this. But well... I wouldn't have thought much of it had it not been for one of my friends who recently rang me up and promptly informed me that she wanted some favour... Well, that figures!

Hmmm... strangely, I don't feel depressed or sad. And I should say 'Dirge' is too morose a term for explaining this. But Dirge is a very respectable way of sending something away ne?

And that is exactly what I intend to do... Send away these ragged bonds of friendship to rest in peace. May they never be disturbed again!

No comments :

Post a Comment