Saturday, September 5, 2009

Life and its 'what ifs'...

After incessant goading from my friends' part, I finally managed to listen to the song 'Maalai Neram' from Aayirathil Oruvan'. And I should say.... I was very much impressed - the song opened up floodgates of emotions from within me!

And before anyone asks me what emotions exactly, I'll have you listen to the song.

It's beautiful.... it has this urban feel to it and Andrea's voice suits the mood perfectly. And after listening to that song, it made me wonder. Actually, whatever relationships we're in right now (excluding blood relations), are all with us because two people were there at a particular time at a particular place.
And if any one those things had been different, how different our present would be? I'm sure there are a few people out there who know what I mean... It sure is scary to think of how things could change so drastically if only we change a few seemingly inconspicuous events in the past. Like my dad missing an appointment with my mom on their first meeting.... I wouldn't be here!

If Chitty-chan hadn't called me at twelve in the night and persuaded me to attend the Physics Olympiad in CMI.... If I hadn't had the courage to scrap Sido, thinking he'd never remember me.... if only I'd done some things earlier than I actually did.... *sigh*

Ah well... I'm sure I'm the only one who's warbling on like this. And I guess I need to be happy for the numerous things I have in my life.... loving people.... great friends.... a cool (at times) family.... a few special bonds....

Even then, my heart still feels a strange twang whenever I think of things that could've been. Silly ne?

Psssst: I'm going to go kiss the girl who persuaded me to listen to the song in the first place. I am so much more aware of the various aspects of my life now! Weird.... what one song can do to you!

No comments :

Post a Comment