Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Self discovery...is tough!

I suddenly seem to realize that most blogs out there that are more of the 'journal'-ish types are filled with posts on the author's self-discovery.... or the quest for it. I can't help but wonder if it's really that easy!

I mean, here I am. Right now, almost nothing's going the way I want it to. I'm feeling dreadful and am beginning to wonder if I am indeed good enough for anything I do! And to add fuel to the already ravaging fires in my heart, my own family seems to have given up hope on me. Now, I might sound a little more dramatic. But this is exactly how it feels and seems right now. And I wonder... have I discovered what I really want? Is a PhD in Physics my all time goal? Or was it just something that's really beyond my scope of things?

For all those folks out there who talk as though self-discovery comes right at you like a lightning out on the blue, I'll let you know; you're wrong!

Self discovery is one of the toughest things one can set out to do. And I'm not even sure if I'll find out anything at the end of all things!

No comments :

Post a Comment