Saturday, June 26, 2010

And now, news from the other side!

Am I the only person who seems to think it really weird calling pets one's personal property? I mean, here's this guy who sets his puppy on fire, beats it and leaves it for dead and all he gets is a slap on the wrist and that too for setting personal property on fire! I mean.... come on! That's a live creature we're talking about! What of the dignity and rights that a living being is deigned to possess? What of the liability of taking something as precious and irreplaceable as a life? Don't any of those things matter anymore? Well... on the plus side, the Law in North Carolina has been made a bit more stringent. But even then, shouldn't animals be more than just personal property?

Hmmph! Like people give a damn anyway, right?

In other news, one of my cousins has gotten through JNCASR's Integrated PhD programmes for Microbiology and this was all that took to have my mother tell me how much of a failure I shall be, having gotten through nowhere. She seems to feel for not having gone for a second child now. Something about the second one doing everything I didn't. Yeah, it hurt. But like that matters anymore! And so, I hope you guys have an awesome weekend as I spend mine in obscurity within my own house! D: Right now, Tsuyoshi and Tsume happen to be the only people who seem happy seeing me around. There, I said people.... not property! :D

No comments :

Post a Comment