Saturday, June 5, 2010

To be missed is the best of things!

I know I promised not to blog too much. But I need to get this out of my system if I ever hope to get back to normal. Today, I witnessed a little puppy die. Some careless driver ran his vehicle over his head in the night. Now this animal was one the countless homeless strays that Indian roads are infamous for. The thing that hits me the hardest is that when I was heading for the temple, I saw the little one sleeping in one corner, very much alive. And when I was heading back, I saw him dead... the accident must've happened just a few minutes before. I couldn't control my grief... I broke down.

Now, I understand people around me find it weird that I can remain resilient to grief (visibly atleast!) during the funeral of a relative but can so easily crumble at the sight of some random animal's death. I don't know... I guess I'm a loser if that's what people would like to believe it so. And frankly, I don't care. It's the saddest thing ever not to be missed... Not to be cried for in Death. It's just too sad to be nonchalant when one sees such sad things! And the thought that the puppy will not be sorely missed makes me sadder... I miss him... I hardly know him but I already miss him!

Little angel who flew to the skies today, I love you! And I'm a little consoled knowing you're in a better place... Rest in peace loved one!

P.S. If all of you who read this could send a little prayer for the countless homeless animals out there and do what you can to make their lives better, I'm sure the world would be a much better place! Love shown to a homeless animal is returned manifold! Believe me, I know!

No comments :

Post a Comment