Sunday, July 19, 2009

So what's wrong if I respect and like Kikyo?!

KiKYO 桔梗Image by aJ GAZMEN ツ GucciBeaR via Flickr

Why do people hate Kikyo so much? WHat is it about her that makes scores of Inuyasha fans build Kikyo haters club? I don't understand. As far as I am concerned, she is one of the most beautiful and most misunderstood characters of all time!

I mean... come on! All those people out there who call her a bitch and many other names that I shalln't mention here seem to think she had it easy! Hers was a life that not many would want! An eighteen year old girl who is held in this pedestal and thus is completely alienated from all those around her. She was a highly respected person. But all she ever wanted was someone to understand her. And then, someone who's a misfit like her drops in and she thinks she's finally found happiness. But even then, her dreams are shattered.

She's only human! And furthermore, she was a miko who'd fallen in love. Mikos of the Sengoku Jidai weren't supposed to fall in love! And her powers weren't their natural best because of this. And in her dying last moments, she sees the very man she chose to trust kill her. I'm sure I would've killed Inuyasha had I been in her place! But all she did was seal him away. I believe that shows that she actually loved Inuyasha truly and there were dregs of trust left in her soul when it concerned Inuyasha.

And just when her soul should've finally rested in peace (inside Kagome), she's resurected and thrown into the ensuing confusion. Kinda sucks doesn't it? I say she's deep, pretty and always does things for a reason that even though isn't always evident to us lesser mortals.

And so, I hereby proclaim that I am a die hard Kikyo fan and I don't care what people might think of me for this. I respect her and revere her while at the same time empathize her.

Pssst: I seriously doubt if I was similar to her in certain weird inexplainable ways... But... oh well... let's not get that out. =D

No comments :

Post a Comment