Saturday, April 9, 2011

Into Oblivion and no more.

I see you.... you with your meandering thoughts... you with your "what-ifs" and your "if-onlys". You have your own version of reality and I respect that. But why would you wish to impose that on me? I understand that what you feel might be the purest form of emotions Man ever felt after he ditched walking on all fours. But that does not mean I need to feel the same way.

Sometimes I wonder if we chase some people only because we know in our heart of hearts that we can never get them. That thought rings a bell and brings forth memories of a long-distance phone call when I knew the truth. It was bitter. But so is life saving medicine... Bitter... and then sweet.

I've let go of it all... I've realized that it hurts only when I think I can never have it. It's only a matter of time and healing to realize that I never truly wanted it or needed it. I am finally at peace with all the ghosts of the past. And you... you will be too. Just give it time. And then you'll realize how lucky you are not to have jumped the gun... Three years... and then, another face in the sand... sinking into oblivion.

On a completely different note, never trust a man who finds reading a chore. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment