Monday, April 25, 2011

Tidbits of wisdom with my pain balm.

I had just been complaining of a nagging pain in my back and shoulder blades when I had my mother dish out some of her trademark wise sayings,
"you know the worst kind of pain, daughter of mine?" She asked me as she handed me some of her pain relieving creams and I shook my head.

"The most painful ones, I guess?" I ventured a guess. She smiled.
"Nope! It's the one you get used to." With that, she just walked away to do whatever it was she had in mind, leaving me to absently massage my arm.

It got me thinking. Isn't that true? Not only in the physical sense of the word 'pain' but in the mental, emotional sense as well...

How many times do we take the hurtful deeds of the ones around us and just shrug it off saying that they love us and that they didn't mean it? Or that to object would be synonymous to deserting the offender?

To all by silent sufferers out there, don't worry. It's alright to point out that someone's hurt your feelings if you do it in a sane and polite way. One must remember that rudeness is a sign of weakness and we don't want our loved ones to be weak, now do we? :)

No comments :

Post a Comment