Sunday, May 22, 2011

I love Kawaii!!!

Okay... I'm finally coming out of the closet with this post! I accept unashamedly that I am fond of all things kawaii! And for those of you out there who're scratching your head wondering what in the name of Hello Kitty's polka dotted bloomers is Kawaii, I'll explain.

Kawaii is Japanese for cute. And when the Japanese mean cute, they MEAN IT! I mean, it can be anything... from a friendly toast with cute button eyes and a kindly smile or Jack the ripper! (and yes... they can make Jack the ripper kawaii as well!).

But I'm not that overdosed on Kawaii yet and I guess I never will be. My addiction to Kawaii remains confined to admiring purses with cute animals on them or pencil pouches with cupcakes and loads and loads of stationery. Forget the fact that I can never afford any of these (the shipping alone shall kill me!). But I guess I goad myself to do better in whatever I do with self-made promises of getting that cutesy Memopad or that ubercute scheduler.

And before I sign off, a visual representation of what's kawaii and what's not! Pay close attention! :D


P.S. If any of you would like to send me gifts that consist of Kawaii stationery or other paraphernalia, I shall unabashedly build a shrine in your honour and reside as the resident Miko! :D

P.P.S. How many times have I used the work Kawaii in this post? @__@;;

No comments :

Post a Comment